There are four programs each year, corresponding to the calendar quarter and the seasons. 😉
Two educational programs that are charitable in nature are run by ABC Education a Silicon Valley educational non-profit:
- Summer Of Code 2018 (passed) pre-registration for 2019 will open on April 7, 2019. Create your profile to be notified.
- Winter Of Data
Two work experience programs with a social cause run by Equal World a social enterprise aimed at closing the economic gender gap:
- Spring Apprenticeship
- Fall Apprenticeship
You will notice that the educational programs are run when most schools have their long holidays, while the work experience programs are in-between, to give a chance to graduates of the educational programs to change or level-up in their careers.
Here is an infographic that shows you the whole year at a glance:
A 3-month global program focused on bringing more women and enbies into software development.
Womxn take free and premium online coding courses and work in teams on programming challenges.
Would you like to learn how to code? Or are you already a seasoned coder and would like to team up with other techie women – as well as win cool prizes? Then we’re hosting just the event for you! What’s more, all this happens online, so you can join from anywhere in the world.
1 Million Women To Tech – women’s Summer of Code is a 3-month global program focused on bringing more females into software development. Women can take free online coding courses and work in teams on programming challenges in weekly and monthly hackathons. This way you can win prizes and get introduced to top employers.
We welcome women from any backgrounds – students and industry professionals, those who have coded for decades and those who are curious about trying something new. Anyone who identifies as female or non-binary is welcome; inclusion is our motto.
No matter the age – the computer cannot see your wrinkles, the computer cannot see your acne. 😉
If you are a total beginner we recommend one of the following learning paths:
If you have a background in Humanities, or Social Science and wish to improve your academic research or if you wish to find a job as a Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer in the future:
- Introduction to Python – Week 1
- Python the hard way – Week 2
- Introduction to Natural Language Processing with Python (Week 3) or Introduction to AI with Python (Week 4)
- Weeks 5-12, or however much or little time you have: work on the previous courses for the rest of the summer to make a project of your own with your newly gained skills, and to solidify your learning
If you are into Marketing, Business, or if you wish to find a job as a Web Application or Mobile Application Developer, or what is normally referred to as Software Engineer:
- Build your First App in 7 Days – Week 7
- React.JS – Week 8
- Week 9 – 12, or however much or little time you have: work on the previous courses for the rest of the summer to make a project of your own with your newly gained skills, and to solidify your learning
Note: If you are a total beginner, we do NOT recommend you take both tracks. If you are experienced, however, then you will likely be able to handle both, provided you have the time.
- Before each program we are gauging interest. We will only hold the Program if at least 300 Gold Members support it.
- We will cap the maximum number of participants at 10 times the number of mentors so that we can give each of you personalized attention and have meaningful Q&A throughout.
- Courses and hackathons are free, however we request that you make a donation to our women’s educational non-profit. You may give as little or as much as you feel this education is worth to you.
For details please refer to the Master Timeline 2019.
A global two-month online educational program focused on increasing the digital numeracy of women and enbies all around the world. All levels welcome from total beginner to Ph.D. in Computer Science with varying degrees of challenges to make sure everyone finds the right challenge for herself!
6 Data Science Courses and 67 daily data snippets introduce basic probability, and statistics concept.
The daily data snippets are just 2 minutes long and are broadcast Mondays through Fridays from 06:00-06:02 AM Pacific Time (as we are based in Silicon Valley 😉 ).
The Data Science Courses happen every other week Mondays through Fridays from 06:15 – 07:00 AM Pacific Time and include an interactive 30 minute course / live demonstration and 15 minute live Q&A.
Please refer to the Master Timeline 2019.