Why we need you
Currently 1 Million Women To Tech has 29,000 learners signed up, and a staff of three. In order to get to 1 million, we ideally need 100,000 mentors. Every person counts!
Please note this is an unpaid Volunteer position. However, upon completion of a 90-day Mentoring “cohort” you get:
- Access to Daily Data and other course materials
- Priority to become Hiring Partners
- Access to ongoing mentor training and skill development
- As one of our Summer Of Code Mentors said “You learn ten times more when you teach someone.”
- Learn best practices that will help you in your own professional work including: code reviews, pair-programming, asynchronous communication
- Become a certified 1 Million Women To Tech Mentor (Level 1 to Level 5)
- Challenge yourself outside of your comfort zone
- Meet with other cultures from around the world, learn to work in a remote environment, in new work paradigms
- Leave a legacy
- Be part of an elite peer-group
- Change the lives of 1 million women, their communities, and the world
- Available at least 2 hours a week for a 3-month (~90 day) period
- At least 2 years of professional experience at a full-time, paid, software engineering or data science role
- Bootcamp graduates and non-traditional careers welcome
- Any gender and identification
- High-speed internet connection supporting screen sharing, webcam and headset for pair programming
- Awesome, kind, verbally soft and supportive communication style – remember, about 80% of Learners are beginners or self-learners
- Amazing personality
- Belief in the women’s cause
- Pass the Mentors – Level 1 onboarding course (~ 2 hours)
- 12 Pull Request (PR) reviews on 1millionwomentotech’s GitHub (~30mins each)
- 12 Forum answers on 1millionwomentotech.com Learners’ Forum ( <30mins each)
- 12 pair-programming sessions and track: record, upload to 1millionwomentotech Dropbox, and submit individual evaluation (~30mins each)
- Submit mid-term evaluation at 6 weeks and final evaluation at 12 weeks
Please refer to the Master Timeline 2019 for details.
Any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take the first step
Are you ready to take the first step? Then request an invite! Please use your legal name.