Change the lives of 1 million women. Impossible?
Are you a great moderator, active online, articulate, funny, and above all, kind? Are you passionate about the women’s cause and have inexhaustible patience to help those in need?
Become a Community Manager, that is, Mother of Community.
Please note that this is an unpaid Volunteer position, however you get.
• Gold Volunteer Membership, $600 value, guaranteeing you a spot in Winter Of Data and Summer of Code for 1 year.
• Online, remote, flexible opportunity with a group of elite women from around the world.
• Upon completion of a 3-month cohort and supervisor’s approval, a Volunteer Certificate to showcase on your resume and online profile signed by Harvard and Oxford trained software engineer, serial entrepreneur and investor Ilona Budapesti. Volunteers of past cohorts have gone onto receiving job offers from tech companies to starting their own tech companies!
• Gained and improved self-confidence and technology and management skills. Priceless.
• Meaning: change the lives of 1 million women to truly close the gender gap globally. United we win. Divided they can oppress us one-by-one.
• Monitor one channel that is your chosen community 5-10 hours per week for a 3-month cohort commitment. We are seeking enough “Mothers of Community” to cover each channel 24/7. The current channels are: Membership portal, Support email, Helpdesk, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. As there are 168 hours in a week and 7 channels, we are looking to staff a total of 168 * 7 = 1,176 hours per week or 118-236 Mothers of Community.
• Cohort 3 runs from Jan 14 to March 31, 2019.
• Adhere and uphold 1 Million Women To Tech standards when responding, improving the standards whenever possible by adding to the Handbook/Playbook.
• Noticing and encouraging positive interaction. Nurturing relationships with the best writers/posters online as real human beings. Keeping a list of these most positive interactions.
• Noticing and immediately handling any negative interaction. Contacting those privately who posted anything negative, finding out why and what could be done to make them change their mind. Communicating with the Core team to make those changes and following through until the negative online comments are edited or removed. Ideally turning the initial negative person into a raving fan and life long friend.
• Crisis management when needed by following industry best practices. Whenever the Code of Conduct or common sense is being hurt, documenting and reporting all related actions.
• Taking lead on making this the best technical women’s community possible.
• Near-native or Native English skill with perfect spelling, punctuation and professional level written communication.
• Completed or willing to complete at least one 1 Million Women To Tech course.
• Community Management experience a major plus.
• Please submit a resume and a writing sample. Please include which channel you would be most suitable for. We cannot guarantee but will try to accommodate that.
• Number of hours available and in general which days at what time (please include time zone!!!) 😉
Super looking forward to your applications and can’t wait to be working with you! xoxo <3
You must sign in to apply for this position.